A-Tisket A-Tasket - Bernice With Her Basket

I just HAD to share this doll with you that Lezlei created. Her name is Bernice and she is a one-of-a-kind, hand-sculpted doll. Bernice was Lezlei's Great Aunt. Although Lezlei never met Aunt Bernice, she got a photo that was taken of her as a child in 1923 that she used to fashion her doll after. This is "the real" Aunt Bernice . . .


Every time I look at this doll I'm just amazed at all of the detail. No molds were used to create any part of this doll. Here's a back view . . .

Lezlei used paper clay to sculpt Bernice, and all of her accessories with the exception of the lace and flowers. That dress is just fabulous - look at the sculpted pleats! I don't know about YOU, but I just think this doll is one great piece of artwork.

Bernice stands 10 1/2 inches tall, and is 4" at the widest point. You can purchase Bernice from Lezlei's Etsy Shop - Breath of Art for what I think is a STEAL!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Sherry, I totally agree with what you wrote about
"Bernice" - she IS a work of art and IS a steal. I wish I had the pp funds at the moment and I'd grab this little delight SO fast!

T.Allen said...

Bernice is beautiful. I don't think-being the artist, I'd be able to part with her at any price! She is going to make someone very happy.

Judy said...

Bernice is wonderful! What a nice tribute to her aunt.

Charmingdesigns said...

What a wonderful creation. Laurie

Stampmaiden said...

Oh Sherry, Bernice is beautiful. What a treasure. I don't think I'd have the strength and strong heart to part with her. She is truly a stunning work of art.
Linda

Janny said...

What a great piece of work!Thanks for sharing;o)

Queenly Things said...

That just takes my breath away! It is an amazing piece - just full of life.