Got Talent?

WOW!
PAUSE MY MUSIC IN THE RIGHT HAND COLUMN OF MY BLOG
Forty-seven year old Susan Boyle wows the judges with her performance in the auditions for Britain's Got Talent, singing I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables.

There was a time, when men were kind
And their voices were soft
And their words were inviting

There was a time, when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting

There was a time it all went wrong
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living

I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted
But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they turn your hope apart
As they turn your dreams to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my dreams with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came
And still I dream he'd come to me
That we would live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from the hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

6 comments:

superbadfriend said...

Susan's voice is stunning! I am so glad she blew everyone away. Yay to the underdogs of the world. xoxo

Unknown said...

This made me cry when I watched it - totally blown away, who would have thought it! as my mum always says "never judge a book by it's cover!"
I posted this link on my facebook..

Sue said...

I just blogged about this charming and incredibly gifted lady too. Yep, never judge a book by its cover. I also had tears streaming down my face as I listened to her amazing
voice. It was so wonderful to see the almost instanteous turnaround by the audience and judges too.

Deirdra Doan said...

Great Hearts feel the same! What an amazing thing...I know how she feels..I had my 15 min's of fame with my song on youtube and another song I sang on myspace! Thanks for the visit. I am enjoying your blog...need to look a little more about..deeper..I love the doll of your friends.

. said...

omg...just watched this...INCREDIBLE. thanks for sharing.

Peggy Parker said...

Her talent is phenomenal, and she reminded me of how I love the music of Les Miserable!