Is there a young Joshua Bell out there?

ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD! THANK YOU
After 3 years of playing a rented violin (pretty much by force), "someone" thought my son would be inspired to play if he had a really expensive violin. Well, I'm here to tell you that my now 17 year old teenage manchild's violin sits in a corner (in its case) collecting dust. Seems that "someone" was wrong.

I have to admit, at one point (probably after the 2nd year), I was hoping for a Boyd Tinsley (from the Dave Matthews Band), a Stuff Smith, John Blake or one of my favorites - Noel Pointer to emerge. But no, that was not the route my dear child wanted to go. Sigh

So here's the reason for this post. There are no budding violinists in my family and I can't bring myself to donating such an expensive violin, so I'm trying to sell it. The description is in the next paragraph. If you're a violinist or just someone that knows about violins, then what follows will all make sense to you.

The violin is a Molinari Milano, Model 311-4. It is a 4/4 size Student Intermediate Violin Outfit with oil finish. It is a Flamed Intermediate Instrument that has been hand-crafted in Romania. The violin has a solid Carpathian Spruce top, solid 2-piece maple back and sides, ebony fingerboard, pegs, chinrest, endpin and tailpiece. Also included will be the Octagonal Brazil Wood Bow - 551V Thermoplastic Moulded Hard Shell.

This violin retails for $1,000. Yes, I know . . . and please don't leave a comment about why or who, ok? I'm letting this baby go (case, bow, everything!) for $450 which will also include the shipping and handling anywhere in the U.S.A.

Of course, if there are any of you who are (seriously) interested that live outside the U.S., let me know and I can find out how much it would cost to mail it to wherever you live.

I'm not up to setting up an account on Ebay just for this one item and Etsy is not the place to sell this, so I figured I'd just put it out here to the Blogger community and see if there are any interested parties. And of course if you know anyone that may be interested, please feel free to send them this info.

As a matter of fact, if someone buys this violin and tells me that you were the one that sent them the information, there will be a gift for you from me!

3 comments:

Very Mary said...

You sold your soul to the devil for this violin, didn't you? Sherry, what did I tell you about that...

Sherry Goodloe said...

Ohhhhhh nooooo, that "someone" was definitely not ME! *smiles*

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I had one-when my daughter went to college this year, I took it back to the music store where I purchased it and they bought it back from me.