Monkey Mom? . . .I'm sorry, but this is just wrong . . .


Jessy with her mother

If you didn't see the show about the empty nesters that purchase - excuse me - adopt monkeys and raise them as their children on PRIMETIME: The Outsiders the other night, you have got to watch this video.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5266147


Jessy at the wedding of Lori and Jim

Here's another link to a video that includes a piece about Angelle Sampey's "son", Andy. Angelle is a professional motorcycle drag racer that wanted a baby but because of her job as a drag racer, having a human child wasn't an option: http://jezebel.com/5021076/primetime-exposes-the-dangers-of-satisfying-baby-lust-with-monkeys

After viewing, please come back and share your thoughts about this whole *monkids* thing.

4 comments:

Very Mary said...

Um. Yeah. Well. Um. I think I am rendered speechless. Or dumbfounded. Or speechlessly dumbfounded.

Alisa Noble said...

Why a monkey and not a dog or cat? I don't agree with it. I don't think that, in general, it is fair to the animal.

Lori said...

Sherry,
Seen it, very strage!! Now I want to say a first Hello to you! I so appreciated your sweet comment. It made me feel better to know that someone I have never even read can find such warming words to help my sad heart!!! Thank you you sweetie, I so needed warmth today! Will visit again, Lori

Flea Market Queen said...

Yeah I saw this...hmmm!
Kinda crazy...
Priscilla