Inspire and Encourage

As a thank you for being *an encourager*, Mystele at Little Glimpses has presented me with the Brillante Weblog Premio - 2008 award. I would first like to thank Mystele for this award and say that I am truly honored.

There are rules to follow when receiving this award. The rules are to pass this encouragement on to at least 7 other nominees, link to their blogs and leave a message on the blogs of the nominees.

NO PRESSURE TO PARTICIPATE: If this is something you would like to do, you now have the rules. However, if you do not have the time or just don't want to play, there's no problem with that either - I won't be offended!

The envelopes please. My nominees for the Brillante Weblog Premio - 2008 Award goes to . . .

Mary Ann of A Very Mary Design because she always makes me laugh when I'm down and she doesn't even know it half of the time. Mary Ann encourages me to stretch myself in my artwork. She has also been a good *go to* person when I needed business advice. Mary Ann is the best kind of friend a person could have.

Next up, Enzie over at World Market Portraits for always creating beautiful artwork to feast my eyes upon. Her work is fab-u-lous.

Then there's Vallen at Queenly Things. When I feel like I may not be doing enough in the way of cooking, reorganizing, reading, crafting, (you get the picture), I slip over to Vallen's blog. Once I see what she has been doing for the day, I start thinking about trying a new recipe or maybe picking up that book I bought months ago and still haven't read!

Irene Tan from Scrapperlicious for all of the techniques she shares with the blogging community. I don't know where this mother of two small ones finds the time to do all she does! Every time I visit her blog, it is filled with colorful scrapbook pages and/or other projects along with detailed instructions for how to duplicate what she has done.
Deana at JustDeezarts for being *Just Dee*

Don at Fully Flummoxed because he makes art from rusty things! I so love that

And another Don who is a contributor of the Character Corner blog - where I can *get my scripture on*

12 comments:

Allie said...

Hi Sherry! Alisa said to take a second look at her site today....that someone had a question for me....and that someone is you! Where did I get a husband like mine who brings me Somerset Life and other goodies "just because"? The answer, Austin, Texas almost 21 years ago....but I'll tell you a little secret......he's had some "training"....*wink, wink* :) Wouldn't trade him for the world!
~Allie

Vallen said...

You are the brilliant one and you are an inspiration to me as well. Thanks you for the award. Do you like my gown. I got the tail trampled on the red carpet but you can hardly notice.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Oh Vallen - I LOVE the gown! Is that a Dior you're wearing this evening? And Bulgari jewelry - oh my. Absolutely stunning my dear. So glad you could make an appearance tonight.

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Hi Sherry! What a wonderful surprise! Thank you for thinking of my blog. I am happy to hear that you like my little finds.

Fondly,

Enzie

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hi Enzie! Glad you could make it to the awards ceremony. Congratulations on your award.

You look lovely in your black lace gown from Chanel Haute Couture.

And we all just love the paintings you are currently working on.

Very Mary said...

Oh, I'd like to thank my mother for being so strict during my youth, which somehow transformed into outrageous humor when things are blue. And I'd like to thank my father for being handy. Maybe that has nothing to do with my humor, but I do appreciate a man who can fix my car. And I'd like to thank Sherry for being part of the OWOH Giveaway, or else I'd have never met her and, well, that would be a cryin' shame. And, I'd like to thank Vallen for wearing a gown so that I could slip in all incognito in some jeans and a rubber stamp convention tee.

Sherry Goodloe said...

I was wondering who that was slipping in with Vallen!

Congratulations Mary Ann - so happy you could make it to the ceremony.

Loooovvvee the shoes!

Unknown said...

OHH...the trip...AND.. the fall... YUP That was ME!! That's ok, I'm fine... a little RED in the face.. UUMM HUMM.. Thank you for this undeserving award...Sherry, for being such a great blog/email friend. LOVE YA to pieces!! (blowing kisses <3 <3 <3)....now carefully slinking off stage!!

Sherry Goodloe said...

You recovered so gracefully though! Love your terra cotta-hued chiffon gown by Zac Posen. Love how that knife-pleated skirt was fitted close to your knee and then cascaded into that fishtail hem. (Huuummm, that's probably what you tripped on huh?)

We are so glad that you could make it Deana, and congratulations on your award! Can hardly wait to see what you will be wearing at the next event (smiles)

Anonymous said...

too funny @ 'get my scripture on.'


Yes, blog host attorneymom has a very pleasant blog that i am a proud contributor towards. i will be more than happy to accept your thoughtful and appreciated acknowledgement.

Don said...

*walks into room*

oops. i must be early.
i will return later.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Not at all Don - You're right on time! By the way, you look very handsome in your shawl collar tux and charcoal grey tie.

Congratulations on your award. Hope to see you back on the red carpet next year!