Birds of Sorrow

You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head - but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair - Chinese Proverb
I created the bird using light weight metal for body - including head, paper bird head (attached to metal), filigree pieces to create legs and feet, metal eyelets to attach the wings and legs, wooden letters to spell "FLY" and metal crown.  The letters and crown were attached using Glossy Accents.  

The 8" x 10" canvas was created using the following products:
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Paper Stash - Craft Resist
Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Antique Linen
Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Wild Honey
Distress Ink Pads - Rusty Hinge
Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Pitch Black
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Tissue Tape—Symphony
Archival #0 Pad - Jet Black

I glued the bird onto a 2" x 2" mini canvas that I painted (using a distress stain.  LOVE that stuff!) and then glued the canvas onto the the larger canvas for dimension.  Here's the finished piece . . .
I'm still working on the following piece.  I have set it aside until I can figure out what I need to complete it . . .
I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend!  I'm still "following doctor's orders" and have been pushing nothing more than a paint brush :-)


Come back tomorrow for my Inspiration Design Team submission and a chance for you to be the lucky winner of $50 in Emporium Dollars this month!

9 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

This looks like so much fun! Great job, Sherry.

~Linda

donna said...

Wonderful piece Sherry..Donna

CuddlyBunny said...

This is so fantastically strange and wonderful!

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Lori said...

Love how you think outside the box, Sherry! Love your pieces, they both look fantastic! Take care...

Peggy Parker said...

Love the proverb and the piece! Of course, you have never disappointed me..... :)

Kathy Eddy said...

What a cool piece Sherry! Love the one in the works also.

Minxy said...

Fab and fun and I love the proverb, also the second piece looks just as amazing x

Netty said...

Oh wow, stunning projects, love them. xx

Shelly Hickox said...

Really fantastic! Love that bird and the proverb is so true.