Open 24/7

I loved everything about the Artful Voyage to Mexico cruise, but one of the things I REALLY enjoyed was the Art Studio that was available to us 24/7!

This is what the studio looked like one of the mornings that I woke up early wanting to create. It was 3:30. Yes, you read correctly - 3:30 in the morning. This was like Heaven to a "morning person"!!

Tim even brought along supplies for us to use in the studio. Stamps, inks, paints, etc. . . .

I brought along my collaged vintage suitcase packed with a few goodies of my own . . .

After working on the grungeboard journal some more, I decided to create another journal using the remaining papers.

I had a 7 Gypsies book cover & back I had packed in my little suitcase that was just perfect for an additional journal.

Here are some of the pages of my early morning journal. To get a closer look at the pages, just left click on each photo:

The star that I used as a "tab" was faux rusted (at home) and in the 24/7 studio I added a little "bling" with some (yep, you know!) Platinum Stickles Glitter Glue *smiles*



Faux rusted grungeboard heart and wings - blinged out with some you-know-what

another piece of faux rusted grunge I had packed

This is a grungepaper flower I made in one of Wendy's workshops. I covered the flower with some of the new Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. I just LOVE this stuff!!! I MUST pick some more of this up at the RSC next month.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooooooooooooo green ... with envy ... it all looks so totally fabulous!

That Girl Ang said...

WOW... welcome back!

Tia said...

Wooooow! I'm loving all the stuff in your journal book, is that all stamps? My favorite poem stamp is the one about imagination being more important.. with the bird on the twig (stamp?)
How awesome to be able to craft at 3 in the morning!! And it looks like yours was the only personal supplies out at that time, lol!
So I'm just now discovering TH's crackle paint... is this rock candy stuff something different?

Unknown said...

Love your book and everything you made. Are there instructions somewhere for faux rusting?
Laurie

Robin said...

Great journal and early morning work Sherry! I see those mojito's didnt' slow you down! I'm gonna have to get some platinum stickles!