Modest as WELL!


If you are a Tim Holtz fan, then you have probably already read his blog post, Creative Escape 2009 . But even if you HAVE, please read the following . . .

In Tim's blog post, he talks about how each year Creative Escape selects a charity to raise money for and how this year the charity was The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

The Creative Escape teachers (Tim being one of them) created lamps in their own personal style to donate to the cause, students purchased raffle tickets, and winners were selected at the end of the event.

What Tim DOESN'T mention in his post, is that his lamp raised $29,500 for the charity! Yep, sure did. I have a friend (Robin) that went to the event, and when she returned, she e-mailed to tell me. She said that everyone was in tears! Heck, I feel like crying MYSELF! That is just sooooooo awesome that I wanted to tell you about it this morning. Of course Tim is too modest to do that himself, so I will *smiles*.

You can go to Tim's blog to read about the event through his eyes as well as view photos from the event. You can also go to the Creative Escape blog for even more about this event that was held August 27th through the 29th.

1 comment:

deb famularo said...

Thanks Sherry, you're very sweet. I didn't know about the charity- I saw the lamps,and that is awesome that they do that.