Friday Fun at The ARTbar and Saturday Play

Before the Golden presentation at The ARTbar last night . . .
From left to right: Michi from Michi Rhymes with Peachy, Marilyn from Studio 274 and my friend Jacki Long who doesn't have a blog, but teaches and creates wonderful art! As a matter of fact, she's teaching her Rip-Roaring Collage class again at The ARTbar this coming Saturday, August 15th
Amy Shawley gave a really informative demo last night! We learned about acrylics: binders, evaporation and surfactant. Pigments: inorganic and organic, color mixing and lightfastness. Golden paint lines and their characteristics - heavy body versus fluid versus open. Iridescent and Interference, gels, grounds, skins/digital mixed media, fiber paste and MORE!



I played with some Golden Crackle Paste on a piece of wood this morning . . .

11 comments:

Robin said...

Wow that looks like a lot of great information! Your crackle paint on that piece of wood looks absolutely fabulous and I'm sure this is just the beginning of something wonderful:)

Marilyn said...

Sherry, thanks for taking these pictures. It's hard sometimes to remember especially when we saw and heard so much!!!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Sherry!
How cool you took some photos of us while we were at the Golden Paints demo . . . you are SO good about that! It was so much fun and I learned SO much!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love all those products! I am interested in the paper pulp stuff. I'll be going to my local art store! Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

oooo! fun, fun, fun!!! i want to go to a demo class now!!

Stampmaiden said...

oooo, Sherry, I love what you created on wood. The textures, the colors, and the design all work together nicley. Great post and very informative too!
Linda

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Wow. I am in Bakersfield and the ArtBAR looks so cool it looks worth a trip to Santa Ana....

deb famularo said...

WoW, what great pics. I am always in awe of your talent.
I wanted to send along a special thank you for your sweet condolences, I appreciate them and YOU! Stay well, love deb

Romy of Pixie Paper Arts said...

Lucky Girl! Loving the crackle piece! Great banner too!

Anonymous said...

I purchased a book called Altered Surfaces, but it seems like I learned more from your blog post...:/

Patti Mollica said...

Hi Sherry
I just found your blog but many of the images have (?) the question mark icon rather than the photos. can you possibly respost the images of the golden surfaces you created?? they sound great! pm