I've Got Mail!

I can't remember the last time I checked my mail box. It's been so hot out, that when I get home from work, I'm in for the night. Plus, I wasn't expecting anything - other than the bills and junk mail. HA! Well, I'm glad I stopped by the mail box on Monday! Look at the R.A.K.'s I received . . . Vallen Queen sent me a handmade tea cozy that she made and one of her GORGEOUS quilted and embellished cuffs. See the flower print vintage wallpaper above? That's what everything was wrapped up in. I carefully removed the tape and folded the paper and tucked it away in a drawer to use at a later date.

This is the cuff. Vallen uses old quilts as a base and hand sews on each and every one of those beads and baubles you see . . .
This is the tea cozy . . .
and the inside lining . . .
Vallen definitely has skills when it comes to sewing! Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful rak's Vallen!
Also in the mail today was this card with a handwritten note inside from Debbie Metti in Parma, Ohio - a not so willing transplant from Southern California I might add.

The atc she made is especially for moi :) Debbie recently purchased some leaf ribbon trim from my etsy shop. I had included some extra ribbons in a bag that I lined with some really really old paper. Debbie used the paper to create a background for this atc. Isn't it pretty and all vintageeee? Thank you sweet Debbie!!

Also in the mail was a card from my friend Mary Ann. The note is personal, so I won't be sharing it here. I just wanted to tell you that Mary Ann is a young woman that is keeping the art of handwriting and sending correspondence via the snail mail route alive and well!

Thank you for your unwavering friendship Mary Ann. cyber xoxo's

No comments: