Paper Dolls from a Real Doll

Josephine Baker Paper Doll

I was going to write about the B1 Bomber I witnessed taking off from the Long Beach airport yesterday, and even post a video I made with my Flip Video Recorder. However, when I arrived home very late last night (that's a "whole 'nother Oprah Show"!), look what I found in my mail box!

Linda Forrest of Stampmaiden's Artventures gifted me these GORGEOUS tags she made. They are handstamped, inked, both embellished with velvet embossed and gold edged ribbons and lace dresses, pearls, buttons, glitter . . . WOW, just WOW!
Young girl paper doll

These tags are from Linda's Workshop Collection. Linda lives in Los Angeles (a native, I might add) and has been stamping since 1989. She also teaches in and around the L.A. area.

Thank you again, Linda, for such a special RAK (random act of kindness). And thank you for your kind words on me making it through all of those medical procedures in one piece. I TOO am glad I will be around to be able to keep doing what I enjoy *smiles*.

XOXO

PS I'll work on the B1 Bomber post for later this week :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely surprise to come home to! Lucky you!

Stampmaiden said...

Sherry, thanks for the nice compliments! I always enjoy creating dresses for my paper art dolls, as I like to call them. Did you recognize Josephine Baker? She's one of the most beautiful women of her time.
Have fun with the paper faces I sent you. Can't wait to see how you use them.
Enjoy!
Linda