Saturday - What I Learned Today

I learned that . . .

When I prayed that it wouldn't rain today, I should have also asked that it not be windy

I'm a "winter wimp". That's what I call a person that was raised in Indiana, has lived in Southern California for 33 years, and can't take a little cold weather

Bottle-based Snowmen and paper arts & crafts do not fair well at outdoor art shows with west to northwest winds blowing 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph!

Two hours was two hours too long at the Art Walk this evening

The drive back home (after packing and loading) seemed twice as long as it was to get there

It doesn't take much (as I continue to age) for my lower back to ache. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm hurting this evening

I don't do well with getting up at 4am and not getting to at least take a NAP at some time before being up for 16 hours! oooooooh, just writing that scares me

I like selling on etsy better than doing arts & crafts shows

And last but not least, I learned that I must be delirious right now, because I should be laying my butt down and I'm sitting here at this computer telling you about what I learned today!

Nite Nite - talk to you later!

5 comments:

T.Allen said...

*Shakes head* Wow! I just did my first (and probably last) fair last week. I did exceptionally well, but I'm a "people punk" to your winter wimp. I can still hear the crowd chattering. Etsy is the way for me too. Rest up.

Anonymous said...

ha!!! i vote for etsy, too! get some rest.

Dede Warren said...

Sherry I'm so sorry our typical nice weather turned on you, and the Art Walk. 20 years ago I did festivals and craft fairs, and while I made money they are longs days, and lots of work. Here's to lessons learned the hard way.

Lezlei Ann Young said...

Please tell me that you did not take that picture! How were sales? (I vote for Etsy also!)
Lezlei

the author said...

Oh man! I am so sorry to hear about the craft show and the weather! :(