Eye Candy

Candy eyeballs in eyeball glasses . . .

I've been sick with a pretty bad cold the past few days. My son has been sick as well. But since he is a teenager, pretty much nothing gets him down to the point that he is confined to the bed (unlike his 55 year old mother!)

So on Saturday, he asked if I could take him to a friend's home in Costa Mesa for a birthday party. (The birthday girl's name is Taylor and she shares the same birthday as my son) He wanted to go early to help the young lady clean and decorate. Huuummm, I wonder why I can't get him to help clean around HERE? Ha!

Anyway, I really didn't want to have to get out of bed, shower, dress, and drive 20+ miles x 2, but, playing the part of *good mother* - I did.

Turned out the young lady lived just blocks away from Paris to the Moon and Paris Underground. I was going to direct you to their website, but it seems to be down at the writing of this blog post. So here's the info. The address is 1720 Santa Ana Ave # A, Costa Mesa, CA 92627 and the telephone number is (949) 642-0942.

Ok, so I know I've mentioned in other posts that I'm not big on Halloween. But I've got to tell you, it sure was fun seeing what Darren had done to Paris Underground for the holiday.

These are some photos I took for your enjoyment. You can click on each one to get a closer look if you'd like.

Above the front entrance to Paris Underground . . .


A twist on the traditional bobbing for apples . . .

stuff to decorate with . . .

Sleeping peacefully . . .

This is just WRONG! . . .

I did like these rusty pieces though . . .

Love the crown . . .

another interesting display case . . .

Stopped in the front store - Paris to the Moon and took a photo of this beautiful cake with china mosaic! . . .

Mark you calendars for Saturday, November 22nd. Paris to the Moon is hosting a Holiday Artist Market and Gift Fair from 8am to 1pm. And if this event is anything like the others I have attended, you will not want to miss it!

2 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

I love the "eye candy" eye candy :). I hope you're feeling better too!
xoxo,
Kristin

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

thanks for the look in on my favorite place! I've been sick too and am trying to get well fast for Halloween events. Plus this dry dusty/smokey air is not helping my recovery! I think I'll try to hit paris to the moon next week when Dyllan is in school.:0)