The Original Rubberstamp Convention this Weekend


*** Photo borrowed from A Stamp in the Hand Postcard Advertisement***

Here are some of the highlights (that interested me) from a special message from A Stamp in the Hand's Coordinator, Kat Okamoto regarding this weekend's rubberstamp convention in Carson, California . . .

Tim Holtz will be coming on Saturday only and will be giving an exclusive sneak preview of his seven newest rubberstamp sets and the opportunity to purchase them at the show before their official release at the Summer CHA trade show later this month. I can hardly wait!

Stamper's Anonymous will also be unveiling the latest stamps from Teresa Collins.

Ooooooohhhh and Teesha and Tracy Moore of Zettiology are coming back to the show this time! They had decided not to do shows on the road anymore because they are so busy, but Kat talked them into one more show! They are also going to be having a Make n' Take in their booth. We will be making a Zetti pin using their rubber stamps. They are also going to have some new items for the show which include new collage sheets, handbound journals, miscellaneous doodads, and big grab bags of rubber that were very popular at Artfest. Note to self: Self, purchase one of those grab bags.

And another one of my favorites is Cut It Up. Miss Vicky is just the coolest person. I always sit at her booth a couple of times during the convention and chit chat, play with product, and laugh a lot! Oh yeah . . . and buy stuff (smiles). Miss Vicky will be holding mini classes on image transfers and using Glimmer Mist this time. And cheese cloth dyeing with glazes?! Another note to self: Self, be sure to dye some cheesecloth while at the booth hanging out.

Yippee! Invoke Arts' Blackbird Studios will be back as well. I just LOVE their rubberstamps.

And then there's a newcomer to the Carson event - Hannah Grey. Hannah Grey Curiosities and Drygoods carries some fun and unusual embellishments, ATC and inchie supplies, ephemera, collage sheets, rubber stamps & more. I belong to their yahoo group, and from what I've read this past week, there are going to be some items there that they don't sell in their on-line store. Color me excited!!

My My My . . . then there's AFTER MIDNIGHT ART STAMPS ! There are going to be TWO different make and takes at their booth. They will be doing their beautiful Faux Carnival Glass pendants using the gorgeous OPALS embossing enamels, Midnight Art Glass and Fantasy Film. And they will also be doing some gorgeous tags with flowers and some heart cards using the Wizard Die Cut and Embossing system and the new nestability dies. AND, they will be demonstrating some encaustic art techniques! Note to self: Self, find out what time the encaustic art techniques demo is being held.

I so love some of the Paula Best stamps, but although Paula was originally scheduled for this show, she had to cancel at the last minute because they are moving from Monterey, California to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Ok, there were more vendors listed, but these are the vendors that I am most interested in seeing and shopping with. And since this is my blog, I can blog what I want to - right? (hee hee).

Hope to see your face at the place on Saturday!! If you're going, let me know so I can be on the lookout for you :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, Lady! just wanted to let you know that i left a special something for you on my blog. take care!