The Last Day

Today is my last day off work (after 5 straight days of pure bliss) until June when I'm scheduled to take a few more days. I just found out that a blog friend of mine who had plans that fell through for June, may be coming my way for a few days. Ohhhh wouldn't THAT be nice?! Someone to take around to shop at some of my favorite places.

Ok, so I had planned on doing some housework today, since I hadn't really done much while I've been off work

But I looked out this morning and could tell it was going to be a nice day today

I stopped and talked with Jim, a neighbor who is moving after being my neighbor for the past 8 years.

then it was off to the post office to mail an Etsy package and see what else I could find to do while I was out


It's Tuesday! I should stop by The Friends of the Library store. Hey, are you guys open today? I'm coming up



Are you in there???


Oh goodie - they're open! They were having one of their buy-3-bags-for-$1.00-and-fill-them-up-with-books-day. The crowd is on their feet . . . She shoots! She scores! Yaaaaaaaaaaay for the Home Team.

After all that book shopping, I had worked up an appetite, so I drove over to Wing Stop on the way back home and grabbed a bite to eat. They have the best BBQ wings . . . and those FRIES! I think they put salt and sugar on them. Finger lickin' good!!


So that's pretty much it for today. Damn, where does the time go when you're off work?!!

P.S. I guess I still have time to at least do laundry and change my bed linens so I can feel good about doing SOMETHING around here! LOL

7 comments:

Raven said...

SUCH a cute post...and I can relate. Since we've been renovating our kitchen, any dirty dishes are piled up by the bathroom sink. It's beginning to look like your first pic around here! hee hee :)

xxx
Raven

Sherry Goodloe said...

At least if your place is starting to look like my first pic, you've got things well organized! LOL

Whimsy Pink said...

those kats are cute! I know I haven't been up to much cleaning lately either..Thanks for stopping by my blog! I made the barkcloth pillow and I would love to make you one!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Oh I would love to order one of your barkcloth pillows! I didn't see an e-mail address for you on your blog, but I think you have an etsy shop, so I'll try there. Thank you for stopping by (smiles)

Whitney said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm amazed at how amazing your paper roses are! Also I love the ticket bowls you made :)

Very Mary said...

hee hee! That's a great post! And fear not folks, Sherry has donated a ticket bowl for next month's swag over at IndiePendence! Woot woot! Shout out to Sherry!

Sandra Evertson said...

I so enjoyed the vintage kitty photos!
Sandra Evertson