Back from the Rubberstamp Convention

Hello all of my blogging buddies out there in blogland. I have returned from my weekend at the Rubberstamp Convention in Carson, CA.

I had a wonderful time and am sooooo happy that Lezlei (my friend-former-sister-in-law)and I stayed at the hotel right there on the property. It's just really nice to be able to spend the day at the convention, walk across the parking lot, get on the hotel elevator and go to your room! We went through all of our "stuff" on Saturday night and did a show and tell and then did our own version of make-and-take projects before retiring for the evening.

I bought a couple of really cool stamps from Studio Blackbird

Forgot to tell you . . . Saturday when we got to the convention, I dropped off one of my artist trading cards for the ATC Contest they were having at the convention. At 3:00pm they announced the winners. I got an Honorable Mention which netted me $10in convention dollars. Pretty cool huh? Next time (July convention) I'm taking one of my REALLY good atc's to enter. The grand prize was/is $50 in convention dollars. So yeah, I want to win THAT prize next time. Hey, a girl's gotta have goals right?

This morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel and then walked back over to the convention for day 2. It wasn't as crowded, so it was really nice to be able to really SEE everything at each booth. But of course that meant we spent more money today. Of course I spent my ten dollar convention bucks and then I won a door prize! Yep, won a really cool Paula Best rubberstamp.

Both days I got to "hang out" with one of my convention buddies (Miss Vicky) that owns Cut-it-Up. That's her on the left with Lezlei. The photo is fuzzy because I STILL don't know how to use this daggone camera . . .urrrrgh.

Photo of one of the sample boards at Studios Blackbirds:


Demo at Studios Blackbirds:

And look at this rustic garden gate I bought from Artful Illusions:
And another one in a shabby chic white!

I picked up some other goodies as well, but it's after 11pm (damn time change!) and I've got to go to bed. I will post more tomorrow. But WAIT . . look at this grungeboard sample from the Stampers Anonymous booth. Obviously Tim Holtz or at the very least, Tim Holtz-inspired!

5 comments:

Very Mary said...

Woohoo! Lookit all that loot! Also, I think it's kinda funny how your convention bucks photo looks a little like a mug shot:) A cute mug shot...

Vallen said...

Hmmmmm, wonder what I'm doing in July? And aren't you the cutie patootie!!!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hi Mary Ann. Hee hee - yes, and when Joan asked me to stand next to that wall, I felt like I WAS taking a mug shot! LOL

Hi There Vallen - I hope you can make it to the convention in July!!

Anonymous said...

I was there myself and found it all very interesting and cool stuff. This was my first time so I enjoyed my self. I bought
Shrinky Dinks. I didn't know they still make them.
Thanks for inviting me Sherry.

Anonymous said...

oops Im not anonymous...