Art Abandonment - My First

I recently joined an artist on-line FaceBook group started by Michael deMeng called ART ABANDONMENT.
Yesterday evening I secretly placed a piece of my 2009 artwork on canvas at a "resting station" along a bike trail that runs along the El Toro side of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California.  I snapped a couple of photos and quickly made my escape before anyone saw me :)
The attachment you see taped in the upper right hand corner reads: 
"This is a handmade item I created that I am secretly placing here.  If you have found it, it was meant for YOU!  I am a member of a group of artists on FaceBook called Art Abandonment, and we just want to share a little piece of what we love to do - CREATE ART!  I have attached a card with my contact information.  Won't you drop me a line and le me know how finding this made you feel?  Have an art-filled day today!"


If you would like to learn more about our group and maybe even join in on the fun, check out Michael's video here:
This is fun. I'm definitely going to be doing this again real soon!

6 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Love this new group and your art is amazing. Wish I lived closer so I could 'find' a piece of yours.

Elizabeth said...

Sherry!!
this is a wonderful piece!! I am so excited to be a part of this group! i hope that you hear from the finder!!

Unknown said...

Love the piece, really gorgeous! But what caught my attention was the place you left: we probably live really close to each other! Another OC resident here!

Cynthia said...

That is one cool idea!! And I agree with Jules up there...I wish I lived closer to you so I could find one of your art pieces! ;-)

Createology said...

Your art is fabulous and what a great way to spread smiles. My daughter and granddaughters live in Lake Forest and I wish they would have found your lovely art. May you hear great positive things from the lucky finders of your work. Happy Abandoning...

Angela FlowersMoore said...

This is so cool! And the video to but think twice about leaving my addy. May have to share.