Isaiah 41:10 Sunday Collage on Canvas and Some WIPs

I was looking at the calendar this morning and realized that this time last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer  and preparing for my double mastectomy surgery which took place on September 14th.  Wow, almost a year has gone by since that surgery and many more associated with this disease.  But here I am a year later writing this blog post and can say that I am still cancer free! 


10" x 8" canvas that I first painted with Pitch Black Adirondack Acrylic Paint
Various decorative papers including vintage ledger paper, white paint pen, fun foam and Diamond Glaze . . .
I threaded some cotton candy pink and white twine through an antique silver breast cancer awareness "Hope" charm for the girl's necklace. . .
 Since I had the paints and papers out, I started three more canvas collages . . .
I painted the canvas using Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint in Classic Teal.  I just love the consistency of her paints!
I used her Landscape Green on this canvas . . .


Have a great art-filled week ahead!

12 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Fantastic artwork, beautiful to look at and take some inspiration from. Congratulations on a full year free from cancer, it is wonderful news, my prayers are with you and hope you have a great day xx

Sheilagh said...

Amazing Art Work!!

The power of love and prayer is an amazing thing. Long may you be healthy and cancer free. My very best wishes to you. You are an amazing example of courage and humility.

Love n Hugs

Sheilagh
xxx

Helen said...

Loving your art - and many congratulations on today's momentous anniversary - here's to many many more!

Peggy Parker said...

Sherry, many more blessings will surely come your way! Your courage, talent, and generosity are a blessing to all of us!

Nancy Lynn said...

I absolutely love this piece and it speaks volumes and will provide comfort to someone special. I am thrilled that you are cancer free after a year but not surprised.....just continue to keep the Faith and you will be able to say that many many years from now.

Lori said...

Love that verse, it's a goodie! Your canvases are spectacular, as always, and wow, has it been a year??? That's wonderful news!

Siobhan Brignull said...

a year on . . . wow . . . what a journey you have been on, hope your future path carries on going upwards. x
PS love your art as always

Stampmaiden said...

Your inspirational art piece is beautiful.
Continued blessings are wished for you from me.

Netty said...

Wonderful artwork Sherry, you are such an inspiration to us all and wishing you another fabulous year and many years to come. Annette x

Glenda said...

Praise God you are free of cancer.
Love the art pieces. Blessings to you

Pam said...

Beautiful canvas as always Sherry!
You've come a long way on your journey, congrats and hugs :)

Dawn M. Nevills said...

You are amazing and inspiring and stronger than the strongest....I wish I could listen to the song list in my area....I guess they don't want the incessant whining tainted by actual music and culture. Grin. It might interrupt the drug dealing, and lead to actual employment. Sigh. I only hope some of it goes to legal medical marijuana groups....but I have my doubts. That would be conscience-driven, and caring. Sigh. God Bless and keep you, Sher. You are wonderful, and always in my prayers....Stay strong!