Once I separated the 3 layers of the napkin, I used the top layer to create a background using Claudine Hellmuth's multi medium to glue the napkin pieces to the canvas . . .
I finished the edges of the canvas with pieces of the napkin as well . . .
Textured decorative papers were used to create the girl's dress . . .
Other items used to decorate the background and the Banner Day girl are as follows. The items with links can be purchased at Inspiration Emporium:
Tim Holtz Creative Textures stamps
Tim Holtz Collection - Fancy Flourish stamps
Various other random rubber stamps
Hero Arts - Friendly Flags for the banner
Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Wild Honey (LOVE the new Distress Stains!)
Archival Ink Jet Black by Ranger
Vintage ledger book pages
Bubble wrap paper to apply the paints
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint - Dash of Red
Perfect Pearls Mists - Perfect Pearl
I hope everyone is having an art-filled "banner" day today!
Post Script: For those of you following my "other" journey, I had my first tissue expander injection of saline last Thursday. A little tight and uncomfortable for a couple of days, but I'm getting used to it now. Will be going back this Thursday for "pump" #2 *smiles*