That Scary Looking Doll

In my post earlier today you saw photos of my new vintage baby doll and I told you I would be back to tell you about her.  She is a 1930's 20" doll.


I won this vintage doll on Ebay a week ago.
I was on Ebay just "looking around" and typed in "vintage doll heads".  The sale of this doll was ending in 5 minutes and there were two bidders bidding on her.  I entered a dollar more than the highest bidder and clicked on the bid button.  Within a minute (or less), someone outbid me.  Two of us went back and forth up until the last 10 seconds when I WON!
Doesn't this doll look like something JoAnna Pierotti would paint her flowers on the forehead of and then dress up in some of her beautiful laces and such?  Or maybe Michael DeMeng who would probably hammer nails in her head and put a metal gate across her face or something - HA!

So what will
I do with her, you ask?  Well, for the moment she's sitting outside on a table basking in the California sun.  I think I'm going to put her in my Etsy shop - she's just a little too creepy to live here with me *smiles*  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry, You are too much!I'm still giggling after reading about your doll and the earlier posts with her baking in the sun, waiting for your paper pack. Thanks to you I received my "Lost and Found" on Saturday... So grateful and it looks even better in person. I also enjoyed reading about your journey to work. I wonder if work would really feel like work if I lived in Cali! What beautiful views. I may put some Boston pics on my blog, what a great idea. Also, loved your necklace idea with Tim's paper. Have a great week ahead, talk to you soon, Julie

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on this one, Sherry. It's either alter her in some major way or send her to a new home....wouldn't want her living her either, LOL!
Eileen

Linda Ledbetter said...

Yeah... I'd be afraid she'd start talking to me some dark and stormy night. "Linda, go knock over a 7-11!"
Or something...

Terri Kahrs said...

Eeeeeek!!! I hope she finds a good home! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Lori said...

Very funny! Yeah, kinda creepy! I'd be worried if she starts following you from room to room...

Sue said...

As a collector of antique dolls, I find her very charming and not a bit scarey! LOL I bet someone will snap her up quickly.

*smiles*

Sue

Linda said...

I agree. . . too creepy, but then again I never really liked dolls. Whatever you decide to do with her, good luck!

cigarboxbeads said...

she looks like my old dolly--except mine had a REALLY fixed stare! i should get her---but my family will be convinced i'm goofy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21378487@N03/4577708462/