Point A . . . Point B

Wednesday morning I drove to Escondido for "The Day Job".  Just before I left home, it started POURING down rain.  Oooooooh, I so love the rain!  But to drive in?  Not so much.
Here's a look at the rain from my balcony . . .
My potted plants getting a nice drink of water . . .
As soon as I left home the rain stopped and I spotted a rainbow in the sky ahead . . .
Once on the freeway, the rain started back up again and people were driving like there wasn't a raindrop in the sky.  Not sure why people seem to drive faster and crazier when it rains here *sigh*.  
As I was heading south on the 5 freeway "duckin' and dodgin'" the unsafe motorists, I noticed a sign on the side of the road that read "View Point 4".  So when I reached the entrance I exited the freeway to this little stretch of the world . . .
I parked right here where the birds were looking out over the ocean . . .
I think the birds noticed that I was taking photos and decided to put a little show on for me that morning . . .
I wish I had video taped what I saw!  Right where each bird was standing, each one of them left the ground vertically in slow motion and then did a dance in the sky that seemed to be just for ME! . . .
It was such a sight to see that morning.  Once the birds completed their dance and returned to their spots back on the ground, I turned around and took a photo of the freeway - the freeway that now didn't look so "mean" to me . . .
Once I arrived in Escondido and got settled, I took these photos from the 3rd floor office . . .
I have to say, that little detour off the freeway to get out of the car and feel the morning ocean breeze blowing in my face and attending that private bird ballet, really got my day off to a great start on Wednesday!

"Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way" ~ Douglas Pagels

4 comments:

Stampmaiden said...

Thanks for the lovely sight seeing tour of your morning jaunt. Great pics and fun read!
Linda

Angie said...

What wonderful photos ... especially the birds in flight and the freeway shot.

Lori said...

Cool pics, Sherry! Love the ocean view! (not something I see every day here in the Midwest, lol)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and great quote too. Thanks!
Eileen