Theme Thursday

Theme Thursday's theme this week is Vintage Women ATCs. And since I've been creating atc's for my upcoming art cruise, I thought I would participate.

The majority of the atc's that I've been making for the cruise swaps are created using mostly ladies from an old 1953 (the year I was born!) Sears Catalog. I have also made some using Sears kids from the catalog and even a few of the fellas.

Didn't think to make copies of the pages before using the originals, so each one features an original cutout from the catalog. Note to self: make copies if I ever find another one of these vintage catalogs! Sheeeesh, what was I thinking?

12 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nestw said...

Wonderful ATCs, even more precious as they are the originals too! That is a bevy of beautiful babes AND hey, 1953 is not THAT old ;)

K said...

great atcs!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love your ATC's....especially the young man who doesn't do cute:)
(I rarely bother to scan myself. I just figure how many of these images do I really want to work with?)

Ali Manning said...

These atcs are fabulous - have a great time on your cruise!

Terri said...

These are truly wonderful!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Love your fantastic vintage women atc's.

ScrappyPam said...

These are very cool! What a great idea to use the catalog! (My cruise ATCs don't have a particular theme. I think I should have come up with one! LOL)

serendipity said...

lov the atcs , fantastic
hugs
joan in italy

Julia said...

What a great idea! Love them !

kotilaiska said...

Beautiful, lovely colours,love it

Gretz said...

Oh I love these images.. and your atc's!

Thanks for visiting my blog... and No I'm afraid I wont be on the cruise....


Greta

Amy Wing said...

I have to say, I always feel torn about whether or not to scan. I almost feel that using stuff up somehow makes it more "original." That's kind of silly considering there's probably the same image multiple places out there. I really should scan, huh?