One Needs Energy to Create . . . Right?

I did this blog post back in August of 2009.  Someone e-mailed me today to tell me she had made this for her family but couldn't find the post on my blog today to get the recipe again.  This is such an easy recipe and is soooo good that I have decided to "re"post it.  So here you go . . .


A girl (or guy) needs energy to create. Right? So here's my energy snack for Saturday evening. It's somewhat of a "healthy" snack, as there are apples involved *smiles*

What you will need to make this 2-person snack (if you decide to share!):

4 to 7 green apples generously sliced
1 16-oz box of powdered sugar
1 8-oz bag of
Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits
2 8-oz bricks of cream cheese, softened
1 16-oz tub of
Caramel Dip
Mix powdered sugar and cream cheese together Spread in bottom of selected container Spread entire tub of Caramel Dip on top of cream cheese mixture
Sprinkle about 5 oz. of the Toffee Bits on top of the Caramel Dip layer Refrigerate while you're slicing the apples.

To avoid "double-dipping", eat the whole thing yourself. LOL! However, if you MUST share, provide individual bowls for your guests and serve with sliced apples on the side.

Each bite tastes just like a candied apple. Uuuuummmmmmmm good *smiles* ENJOY!

18 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

omg! I'm so bringing this to my next crop!

SEWButterfly said...

YUMMMM! I need a 'healthy' snack like that ;D. Thanks Sherry for the recipe!

SEWButterfly said...

And, you're a DIVA! In my lingo, that means Divinely Inspirated Victoriously Anointed! ;D

Samantha Marshall said...

Mmm looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what caramel dip is, but,that was some fantastic looking desert! Next purchase from your Etsy store must include caramel dip and toffee bits!

T.Allen said...

Okay, this looks like sheer decadence! That's fellow mom of a man-child speak for bomb! *laughs*

Kathryn Costa said...

Oh I'll have to try this. My teenager will FINALLY be home in two weeks. He has been in Colorado with his dad (5 weeks and counting). I'm looking for some fun treats for my treat buddy.

Lezlei Ann Young said...

this post should come with a WARNING message!!! Hmmm...I think I will have more for breakfast!

xoxoxo

Lezlei

Connie said...

this is truly decadent.

Leah said...

Yummmmmm! I love the teenager's response too. hehe.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

good grief...that's a diet breaker if I ever saw one. yummy!

Lezlei Ann Young said...

by the way...I couldn't find the plain toffee bits...so I got the heath toffee bit covered with chocolate...y-u-m-m-y!!!

Lezlei

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

This DOES look and sound "da bomb" LOL...great endorsement, thank you for sharing the recipe!

~*~ Patty

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

OH, that looks and sounds YUMMY!!!
xoxo,
Kristin

Unknown said...

Sherry -- Thank you so much for reposting! This tastes amazing; you've just contributed to the happy-meter in my household -- we thank you and America thanks you!! LOL!

Stacey
TheAcornGarden.com

Lori said...

A big YUM-OOOOO!

robin dudley-howes said...

Oh you are a bad girl!! this looks WAY too good! Thanks for stopping by my blog and see you at Glitterfest!
robin

~*~Patty S said...

YUM, that looks scrumptious! tfs!
oxo