The Porcelain Queen

This is (really) for my sil/bff, Lezlei (and anyone else that may wonder). If I don't post within 5 days, Lezlei gets worried. So I wanted to let her (and you) know that I won't be posting on my blog again until Sunday afternoon.

You may have read in an earlier post a week of so ago, I'm going in for some tests at the hospital this week. I'll be off work from "the day job" tomorrow to start the 24-hour prep.

From what I gathered from the telephone nurse, the 24-hour prep is similar to the one for a colonoscopy. And if you've had those before, then you know that the "prep" the night before turns you into a Porcelain Queen. No LOL. Well, the prep time for the procedures I'm having done is 24 hours - not the usual 8 to 12. Yikes!

Thursday is test one and Friday is test two. Couldn't get them both on the same day because they need the results from test one before doing test two.

My doctor sent me a reminder letter to schedule these tests that stated, and I quote, "Your failure to follow this treatment plan may have serious consequences to your health and well-being". I understand the serious consequences to my health part, but my "well-being"? What was he planning to do, come by my house and do a "drive by" or something? Now you can LOL.

All kidding aside, I had already made the appointments for the tests he told me to schedule when I received his scary snail mail. It's all good Dr. Lin. You can call off the troops now.


I would like to tell you that I'm "ok" with all of this and what the outcome of the tests might further reveal, but I can tell by the length of this blog post that I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. I mean, HEY, I just turned 56 in February. I guess it's all part of "growing up" :)

So with that written and out in the universe now, please hold good thoughts for me on Thursday and Friday - (I'll handle Wednesday for the prep, thank you).

The Soon-to-Be Porcelain Queen!

PS Ok, I guess I should explain why I won't be posting again until Sunday. Well, no matter what the health findings are, I WILL be at the Rubberstamp Convention in Carson on Saturday! As a matter of fact, I'm going to take Linda Bucci with me.

Linda has never been to the convention before. We were tablemates for the 2-day workshops with Cindy Forrester last October and since then, we spent the day/evening together at the L.A. Gift Show and she came to my workshop at Gilding the Lily last Sunday, so I know we'll be able to be around each other all day to do THIS event together :)

Oooooh, and who knows, maybe her really nice hubby, Bob, will bbq some steaks for us again for dinner? Bob - are you out there? Can you hear me Bob? *hee hee*

16 comments:

Angie said...

You go well, girl! Will be thinking of you.

Karen Salva said...

Sherry, as a pharmacist (my day job...aka "the cage") I get to hand out the giant jugs of prep juice mix and the only 2 bits of advice or warnings I send home with my patients are 1. get a good book and 2. do it right the first time so you don't have to do it again. The prep is worse than the procedures from what they all tell me. I wish you the best of luck and you are still young and glad to see you are doing all the insane things you need to do to stay healthy. Great that you have a fun weekend lined up as a reward :) Good luck wishes will be on there way to you!

Sam Marshall said...

Hi Sherry,
Good luck with everything- I'll be thinking of you. Love the tshirt!

Peggy Parker said...

I hope you can feel my good thoughts and hugs, Sherry!

Very Mary said...

Big hugs love. And if anyone screws with your well-being, I'll kick their ass.

Charmingdesigns said...

Take care my friend!! I just love hearing about the places you go. I went to the carson rubber stamp show so long ago. I loved going to the gift show. (my mom and I had a shop in Oregon at the time) Get back to us as soon as you can...at least you have some fun to look forward to. Lauie

Judy said...

You concentrate on taking care of yourself! Good luck with the tests! I will be thinking of you and hoping things turn out well.

Have a good time at the Stamp Convention in Carson on Saturday! Sounds like fun! And a "be good to yourself" activity after all those tests!

Hugs! Judy

Lezlei Ann Young said...

Call me if you get bored on the porcelein...lol. God got this...you just do your part!

I don't accept that you can't blog until Sunday! Get you a laptop!

Ya know I love you!

xoxoxoxo

Lezlei

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I will be thinking lots of good thoughts for you!

Robin said...

Thinking of you:)

Unknown said...

All the best Sherry, be thinking of you x

Leah said...

Wishing you loads of luck with the tests and as little discomfort as possible with your time as the porcelain queen!! :-)

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

Good luck with your test. Stack some good books and magazines in the bathroom, light a lavender candle, and take it easy. As they say, this too shall pass....

Queenly Things said...

Good thoughts go out to you, Sherry, baby.

Anonymous said...

That letter scairt me, too! Like the cage manager said...do it right the first time! Best of wishes and a long and photo filled update on the convention, PLEASE!?

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

I'm a bit late I think, but wishing you well my friend!
xoxo,
Kristin