Ready - Set - Go !

After attending both church services today (the first service was so good I stayed for the second one!), I stopped at Ace Hardware on the way home to pick up my supplies for transforming my mannequin.

Turns out that "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man", but not the supplies needed.

The "You can do it. We can help" store (Home Depot), was of no help at all.

However, the helpful hardware man at Ace went on the internet (excellent customer service!) and found that the paint, glaze and primer I needed was at the "Let's build something together" store - Lowe's.

Jumped on the toll road for the short trip to RSM, where the paint girl whipped up a quart of Churchill Hotel Wheat, directed me to the primer and antiquing glaze, and I was on my way back home within 15 minutes!

I'm all ready, set, and starting the paint job early tomorrow morning to celebrate *Labor Day*. I will post photos on my progress along the way.

1 comment:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Hi Sherry! Great blog! so full of interesting places that are near me! I live in Aliso Viejo and with Dyllan starting pre-school wed, I can "now' visit these on my own time!

BTW...you one onw of my nest charms for my august blog giveaway! please e-mail me your full mailing address, thanks!
~Michelle